Spring season is fast approaching, and you might be worried about keeping your home clean. If you are having concerns regarding how to keep your home neat and tidy this spring, here are some useful tips.
1. If there are stainless steel utensils and other products in your home, use a light steam of an aerosol spray based on wax on the products weekly. Make sure that you do not soak the surface of the product as it will become greasy. After spraying, ensure to wipe the spray with a lint-free and clean cloth. If you use cleaners with bleach, the luster will be lost.
2. Organizing your closet is a time consuming task as it involves throwing away the unused apparels and accessories. You can organize your closet depending on how you get dressed or by the color of the clothes to make it look appealing and to finding out things easily.
3. Clean the painted walls with a sponge or clean cloth and water. You can also try cleaning with a rag or sponge that is dipped into a mixture of water and dishwashing liquid. If stains are stubborn, apply soap directly to the stain. Whatever method is used, make sure you rinse the painted walls with water after cleaning.
4. If there are carpets in your home, ensure you remove your shoes before stepping on the carpets. But, wear your socks on as the bare feet will leave the natural oils on the carpets, and this will attract the dust particles. On a regular basis, vacuum the carpets so they are dirt-free.
5. Tiles are commonly used in bathrooms and kitchens. You can clean them using a mixture of ½ a cup baking soda and 2 gallons of water. This mixture should be applied to the tiles with a sponge or string mop. However, if there are tough stains, you will have to seek the help of professionals. Hire a house cleaning company in Denver is easy if you go online and search for “House Cleaning Denver” to help with your efforts. There are a lot of reputable companies out there that would love your business.
6. Make sure you remove the stains and odor from the upholstery in your home. Use a garbage bag or plastic liner between the fabric and the cushion to avoid the movement of the contaminants to the latter.
7. To keep the countertops clean, you will have to wipe stains immediately. Use a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water with a little ammonia to remove coffee and juice stains. For everyday cleaning, use a superfine dry steel wool.
8. Try re-organizing your bookshelves by sorting the books based on their sizes and subjects. Clean the dust jackets, and arrange the books in a way that they do not form dust traps.
9. Wooden floors will be clean if you avoid over-sanding. Use saucers or trivets under the plants to prevent water leakage, damp-mop the floor every week using a mild soap and use furniture protectors to prevent scratches.
10. Wash the windows, polish the handles and knobs, wipe the lamps and bulbs and so on to give a clean look to your house.